What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Story about Rama





There is another story that shows again the power of the name of Rama: There was once a king who did lots of sin in his life. He knew that he would die soon.
So he went to see a guru in one ashram. But when he went there, the guru was in deep meditation. So he waited, and waited, and waited, but the guru didn't come out of his samadhi. The king saw that the son of the guru was there, so he called him, ”Please, your father is in deep samadhi, and I can't wake him up, I can't tell him to come out, so you tell me... Look, I have spent my whole life in hurting people and doing bad things, but now I realize that I have to change certain things in my life. Tell me how would I forgive myself for all this?”
The son thought for a while, and said, “Chant three times the name of Rama, and all your sins will be forgiven but of course you have to chant it with faith, you can’t just chant it with the mere mouth.” The king was very happy. When the guru came back to himself, the son was very excited and said, “Father, father, you know, the king came here!” And he explained everything about why the king had been there. Then the father asked him, “What did you tell him?” The son said, “I told him to chant three times the name of Rama, with faith, and that all his sins would be forgiven.” The father got very angry at that moment, and said: “My son, I curse you, because you don't even know how powerful the name of Rama is. You didn't need to tell him to chant it three times; even one time would have been enough!”

No comments: