What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Wednesday, March 28, 2012

“I want to be One with you again.......

Our soul wants to be one with the Divine; our soul wants to reach the Lotus Feet of the Lord. A great example is Lord Chaitanya Himself, who was for some years living normally. Even though He was a manifestation of the Lord, He lived a normal life until the Lord called Him; when He received the Grace, realising that, “I’m not here just for this. I’m not here just to teach. I’m not here just to be in this world; there is something greater to be realised. That is who I am.” I was just reading, before, the prayer of Saint Augustine. He always prayed with one prayer, “Lord, make me realise who You are, and make me realise who I am”. This was his prayer that he was saying and his heart was burning with this Divine Love. You see, when we talk about a heart burning for the Divine, some of you may understand, some of you may not understand, because we look at things with our mind. Like I was saying at the beginning of the talk, if our mind could fathom the Divine, we would not be here, we would be with Him. That’s why He has given us so many aspects of Himself, so that our mind can be focused until we realise our Self. I will not say just until we realise God in our Self, but until we realise that we are part of Him. So, Lord Chaitanya reached a point where He showed that only through bhakti, only through devotion, can this Love be awakened. But, this devotion has to be really from your heart, because if you just try with the mind and say, “Yes, I have devotion”, you will be stuck only to the outside and the burning of the heart will not happen inside of you. You don’t need to be scared, because when the heart burns it is not like in science when you say there is heartburn, you have an acidic problem! It’s not like that. It’s burning with Love, which the saints really experience. It’s the same in all religions, because they are all searching for the Lotus Feet of the Lord. Name Him by whatever name you want, call Him by whatever name, picture Him by whatever form, but it’s the same Lord, you know. That’s why each one of you has your Ishta Dev. It makes it easy for you concentrating on your Ishta Dev, so that this longing for the Divine in that form may appear inside of you. So, may Lord Chaitanya embrace your heart also, and help you to love the Lord the way He loved the Lord, until at the end they became One. He could not live in this world. He could not bear the separation. It’s the same thing when our soul looks at the Lord. It has the same longing when we say, “I want to be One with you again. I long to go back to this state where I realise that I am One with You and You are One with me, all the time.”

No comments: