What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Friday, July 20, 2012

Every time in life you go through learning processes.....


Christ said: “Don’t try to remove the small splinter in the eyes of your brother when you have a big pole in
your own eyes.” We like to say “No, it’s not me who is at fault.” In place of analysing our own mistakes and changing and learning something, we like to say “No, it’s not me, it’s the other who did it” or “It’s God who did it.” He has the broadest shoulders, so put it on Him. Control your thoughts and always know what you are asking from God, because whatever you ask, out of His mercy, out of His grace, He will give you. Then don’t complain to Him. Christ said, “Put your burden upon me; I shall carry it.” We all put it on Him quite a bit. I will tell you a short Story..... Once there was a man. Always it happens to men, you know? There was a  Brahmin who had a beautiful garden. Every day he would spend hours and hours in his garden. In it grew lots of beautiful trees and also fruit trees. One day, a cow was passing by and saw this beautiful mango on the tree. The cow just went and started eating the mangos. When the Brahmin saw that, he got very angry, he rushed toward the cow and started beating the cow. Poor cow; the cow is considered to be the mother. The cow died from all this beating. When everybody heard that the Brahmin killed this cow, everybody rushed quickly to the spot where the dead cow was. They saw the Brahmin there and they started accusing the Brahmin with big, big words, you know. They said “You are a Brahmin? You killed this cow; you beat this cow and killed it.” and the Brahmin said “No, I didn’t kill it.” Because he was very knowledgeable, he said “No, I didn’t kill this cow, so don’t blame me. It’s my hand. My hand is governed by Lord Indra. He is the God of the hand, so blame Him.” Up in heaven, Indra was looking down and said “Oh my goodness! He killed the cow and I get the blame? Indra could not handle that anymore, so he came down on Earth in disguise, as a  Sannyasi, as a Sadhu. He came there and as he was walking near the crowd of people, he started praising the beauty of the garden and said “Oh, what a beautiful garden.” Then he asked “Who is the one who planted so many beautiful trees?” The man very eagerly said “Oh, I did it!” Next he said “Oh, who laid this nice path?” and the man without thinking, said “I did it.” very happily. He was getting more joyful, you know? Then the  Sannyasi said “Who removed all the weeds from this garden and made it so clean?”  The Brahmin was getting more excited and said “I did it.” Then the Sannyasi said “Well, if you did all of this, when you killed the cow, why did you put the blame on Indra?” When good things come, everybody is there to receive, but when negative things come – one’s own mistakes – nobody accepts them. So learn to accept it. Only by accepting whatever you have done wrong, you will be able to transcend it and change it. It’s a learning process. Every time in life you go through learning processes. Every time in life you learn new things and if you have not learned something now, it’s a cycle. It will come back to you and you will have to learn it again. Know one thing, sometimes one says “What should I learn from my mistake?” It seems like a worthless thing. We ask ourselves what can we learn from that? But we do learn, nothing is worthless.

No comments: