What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What you do to others you are doing up to me......




Saint Bishoy from Egypt was a great ascetic who was doing lots of penance in the desert. One day there was an old man who was very filthy, very dirty who came to him and he said " Oh, please, for sure you have been walking in the desert for a long time. You must be very tired. Come let me give you hospitality. Let me look after you." So he, Bishoy, took this old man. He carried him back to his cave, or whatever, and there he started washing the feet of this man. As he was washing the feet of this man he was crying with Love. He felt so much Love, he was crying so bitterly that he was washing the feet with his tears. When he looked at the feet of the man, he didn´t see the feet of the man, he saw the feet of Christ with the Stigmata inside. Like that there are so many saints, you know. This shows that what Christ said "What you do to others you are doing up to me. What you do good - when I was in prison you visited me, when I was hungry, you gave me food. When I didn´t have clothes, you clothed me. When I was thirsty, you gave me drink." This fulfilled that what you do to others, you are doing it to Him. The same thing - when you do good, you are doing it to Him, but when you are doing bad, also, you are doing it up to Him. You are not doing it to the person. Don´t think only good things go to Him, but the bad things that you do, also, to other people come to Him. So this reflects this quality that God pervades everything inside of everybody.

No comments: